If you are overweight you are not alone. There is however no magic when it comes to developing a weight lose program. Claims for diet products that promise weight loss without sacrifice or effort are bogus and in some cases, dangerous.
But losing weight, whether you need to lose a few kilos or a lot, doesn’t have to be a battle. The key to a successful weight lose program is a simple twofold lifestyle change:
- change your eating habits, and
- start exercising for life.
Easy Does it
You naturally want to see quick results, but don’t be tempted to get rid of those extra kilograms too quickly. You can lose 0.5 to 1kg a week, and in the course of 12-16 weeks it is possible to lose 6-16kgs – that’s a lot. If you have to lose more it will just take longer.
About the Weight Lose Program
The point of any good weight lose program is to help you lose weight and more importantly keep it off. Incorporate lifestyle changes into your daily routine so it becomes easy and automatic. Even if you do it slowly, you have lost nothing other than a few weeks to achieving your target week. Since you are trying to effect a life time change a relapse now and then is not the end of the world. Abide by the following principles and you will be on your way to a lifetime of weight loss success.
- Control portion sizes. Eat less but don’t skip meals! This is the easiest way to reduce calories. Cut back on the size of your meals (not sure how – uses smaller plates) and avoid energy dense foods. Eat regularly by nibbling small snacks to keep up your metabolism and fat-burning.
- Choose low-fat foods. Try to limit animal fats. Stay away from fried foods, roasted nuts, chips and crisps and chocolates.
- Keep Glycaemic Index (GI) and Glycaemic Load (GL) low. Not sure how to do this, focus on whole unprocessed foods and plenty of vegetables and fruit.
- Hydrate. People who drink plenty of water are likely to lose more weight.
- Eat Superfoods
- Get Active. regular exercise not only expends energy, but increases your basal metabolic rate.
- Use state of the art supplements. EGCG Green Tea Isolate. Omega-3 Long Chain PUFA (EPA+DHA). Fabuless, an emulsion of naturally occurring palm and oat oils, controls your appetite.A good multivitamin and mineral supplement. Good Probiotics, such as Lafti.
A good weight loss program must avoid the yo-yo effect, by not allowing you to starve or eat a low energy diet for a quick weight loss result as this results in lean body mass and water loss, which in turn decreases your body’s metabolism rate and fat burning potential. Thus the moment you start eating again, you will pick-up weight. The yo-yo effect of a bad weight lose program.